The Tree of Life
The most popular placenta encapsulation process used widely around the world today is based on Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) technique. The placenta is considered a powerful and sacred medicine – a ‘full of life force’ organ that should be consumed to support a healing mother after birth. Pregnancy is considered a Yang time period full of heat and energy creating this new life. Postpartum is considered very Yin, where the womb is left empty and even cold. One way to promote healing postpartum is to replenish the yang energy by steaming the placenta and adding warming herbs into the remedy. By consuming this tonifying and nourishing organ, the new mother will promote her bodies natural recovery.
Consuming your placenta postpartum can have noticeable benefits, however every woman, body, labor, and baby are different. Some of the amazing benefits that consumption can help with during the Postpartum Period include:
• Lessening the risk of postpartum hemorrhage and lessening the lochia (bleeding) phase.
• Providing the hormones human placental lactogen and prolactin to assist with your milk
• Replenishing iron lost from birth and preventing post-birth anemia.
• Balancing out your hormone levels until the body is able to regulate on its own.
• Providing natural pain relief from the labor and birthing process.
• The placenta helps your uterus return to pre-pregnancy size.
• Lending you a consistent flow of oxytocin (the bonding and euphoric hormone).
• Replenishing your B-Vitamins and offering your body protein for energy.
• Protection from infection due to retained placenta or bacteria in the uterus.
Your placenta is perfectly made for you, by you! It is an amazing organ created to nourish baby in the womb and the postpartum mother.
My "Happy Pills"
I had my placenta encapsulated and I must say it was magical. I normally wouldn’t do something this “crunchy” but my wife suffered from postpartum depression 18 months ago when our son was born and it scared me enough to start looking for some options on how to keep myself healthy and happy. I’ve been taking my pills for 2 weeks now as recommended, my milk supply is WAY up and I refer to them
as my 'Happy Pills".